Spent two blissfully sunny days in Seatown. I haven’t been there since the summer of ’06. We pretty much ate every two hours on Saturday, which also happened to be the 5th Annual Cheese Festival. Got a lot of walking in and throughout all of downtown Seattle. Fell in love with it all over again.
Pics from Day 1:
You really should try the Grilled Suds & Cheese. I had barely opened my mouth and poised my teeth above and below the toasted bread, when I received such a welcoming sense of cheese and flavor that I closed my eyes. It’s fucking amazing: view, download.
- Macrina Bakery at Cheese Fest.
- Cherry pastries in-the-making at Piroshky, Piroshky! She purposefully poked holes in the dough so that you could see the fruit from the top.
- Love that gutter thing.
- First time I had sheep cheese. Didn’t like it terribly much, but the rosette thing is cool!
- goat cheese + honey + pepper = GREAT IDEA
- Mini cupcakes at Chocolate Box.
Oh, and we also ate: Pike Place Chowder, gelato at Chocolate Box, and dinner at Broadway Grill.