Yippeee our MADE family is growing! World meet the one and only Mayka Mei (pronounced “micah may”). We were first introduced to Mayka when she interviewed us for an article she wrote for the SF Bay Guardian. She was super sweet on the phone and gave us a glowing review.
Mayka was born and raised in the Bay and currently calls Berkeley her home. Her credentials are legit with a resume that boasts of writing gigs with SF Bay Guardian, Groove Effect, and That Minority Thing. Her creative writing style, clever reporting skills, and love for edgy streetwear makes her a perfect addition to the MADE team.
Read more about Mayka after the jump!
* She love Macs, and is registered on every social network worth knowing – and then some.
* She’s is currently reviving the KHAMAI Dance Co. with Lee Lee Brewster.
* She used to perform with Kawayan Folk Arts (they’re Filipino, she’s Chinese, and they used to call her “Chinay”!)
* She’s a self proclaimed nerd with a love for musicals. Which explains her whirlwind tour of Broadway this past weekend.
* She loves big dogs. Her dream dog would be 300 pounds and have 100-pound puppies!
Be on the lookout for Mayka’s posts on movement which will cover her adventures in travel, dance, and generally anything that moves us.
I’m hoping and anticipating that my first post makes a big splash. (Hint: It’s gonna kinda sorta not really be SFW.) Ladies, get your blogrolls on.