This doesn’t have much to do with anything, but the actor who plays Keith Smooth in Key Stone Light’s latest batch of commercials is Mitchell Jarvis of Broadway’s Rock of Ages.
Rock is the musical dually suited for non-musical people and people who love 80s hair bands. Jarvis is absolutely fantastic at his role as Lonny. It’s no wonder he does a beer-guzzling overacting everyman hero for Key Stone Light.
And while I’m at it, here are other random people I’ve had the pleasure of seeing perform live:
- Daniel Radcliffe* (Harry Potter), Anna Camp* (True Blood, Glee) in Equus
- Lea Michele* (Glee), Jonathan Groff* (Glee), Johnny Gallagher Jr. (who I am in love with and is now starring in that god-awful American Idiot) in Spring Awakening
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun), Patrick Wilson (Hobbes’ Crush), Katie Holmes (Alien.) in All My Sons
- Cheyenne Wilson (30 Rock) in Finian’s Rainbow (DO NOT WATCH.)
- Gina Gershon (Hottt.), Christine Baranski (Mamma Mia!) in Boeing Boeing
- Alexa Vega (Spy Kids, Repo Man), Tevin Campbell (Power Line in A Goofy Movie!) in Hairspray
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage), Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men) in Speed the Plow (Yawn.)
- Aaron Tveit (Gossip Girl – I had to look him up.) in Next to Normal (Excellent show.)
- The lady who voiced the wardrobe in Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
- …And more. I’d link to my reviews, but I’m sure this list is annoying enough already.
* Partial to complete nudity.