I have exactly zero hours to dedicate to freelancing now, but while I’m officially off the market for contracting, I have been carving out some time to help Bay Area brand Amour Vert. I met their team back in my Moxsie days, and I became an instant fan because:
- They’re green,
- But they’re not green for the sake of being green.
- They’re more Vogue than hippie,
- Their designs are created locally,
- Their materials are produced locally,
- And they don’t kill silkworms in the production of their textiles! – Seriously, that’s an issue. It sounds funny, but the production of silk is kind of the perfect example of how humans think Nature is at their disposal.
- The founder has one of those totally unexpected backgrounds: Linda Balti was an engineer in France designing flight simulators for the government (Read: not designing skirts), and now she’s here in the Bay establishing Amour Vert. Okay, so that was the bite-sized version of her transition, but her and her husband/CEO Christoph Frehsee are extremely friendly, and savvy entrepreneurs. (I wouldn’t have watched the first season of 24 if it wasn’t for Christoph.)
I wore my tencel AV pants all through Italy, I just stocked up on AV’s current collection (Free shipping and returns! You know I like that.), and now I’m excited to try on key pieces from SS12 this Friday on Union Street. Once I saw the lookbook, I knew I had to have the two-tone chevron-ish (You can tell I didn’t go to fashion school, can’t you?) maxi skirt in the beginning of the SS12 video teaser.
If you like maximizing your happy hours with food, drink, and boutiquing, come out to the more stylish side of San Francisco! Would love to talk shop with you there.
Bryan Lee. 1840 Union Street, San Francisco, California, 94123. (415) 923-9923.
Note: Amour Vert hasn’t expanded into menswear yet, but Bryan Lee carries men’s apparel and accessories. Fun for everyone!