Last night I was on a HuffPost Live segment about “social currency” with Janet Varney and Jacob Soboroff.
- How’d I get on this show? ‘Tis a lesson on social currency all its own:
HarryPotter LiveHuffPost Live read this well-tagged and decently composed blog post.
- They looked me up on Twitter, and because I don’t have an egg as my profile image (AKA: appear to be active), they asked if I’d like to come on the show.
- I tweeted back yes. We followed each other. We DMed. I got booked.
- Kinda bummed no one pulled a Machine on me. I was in a conference room with sliding glass doors! There was ample opportunity.
- Janet Varney is the voice of Korra!
- No matter how many times a stranger hears “Micah,” they interpret it as “Meeka.” I don’t know much about tax law, but I feel confident in giving you this piece of advice: Hire an accountant who can pronounce your name. Details, man. Details.
- Before its redesign, Klout thought I was influential in Profanity. Beat that.
More professional reactions going up on Red Magnet Media’s blog soon.