ew York is my favorite domestic flight weekend. I haven’t been in almost a year, which is kind of astounding. It seemed like as soon as I had earned a disposable income, Edith and I were scooping up JetBlue deals so we could line up outside of TKTS in the rain. The East Coast in general has certainly been through a trial this fall, but I still can’t wait to go back. Every trailer for Les Miz is a reminder that there’s a seat somewhere along Broadway waiting for my ticket to fill it. Every box of ramen in the new office is a reminder that there are bowls of Momofuku and Ippudo to carbload. (Note the noodly “N” drop cap.)
Conveniently, here comes Citybuzz with a temptingly easy Instagram contest and an impressively generous prize pack. Not only can you and your +1 get two nights at an Affinia boutique hotel, but you also get flown in for free. (Having worked in marketing, lemme just say, not every easy travel contest figures in the air fare!) Assuming you know how to appeal to folks on Instagram (y’know: puppies, food porn, hot sweaty architecture), snap a pic worthy of the New Museum – because that’s who’ll be judging the entries!
How to Enter
- Take a pic of what matters to you, post it on Instagram, and hashtag it “#citybuzzNYC.” (Be sure to remove any privacy settings as your entry will not be accessible or email a screen shot of your photo to email@example.com.)
- Head over to Citybuzz’s Facebook Page, like it, and leave a comment with a link to your Instagram post.
- Trip for two including airfare to New York City
- Two nights accommodations at an Affinia Hotel, the top-of-the-line boutique hotel chain in NYC.
- One $400 Gift Certificate for SD26, one of New York’s hottest Italian restaurants
- One $250 Gift Certificate for Bloomingdale’s
- One $150 Gift Certificate for City Lobster, home of New York’s Best Lobster
- Two tickets to see The Blue Man Group, one of Broadway’s longest running and most popular shows
- Two tickets to see the New Museum of Contemporary Art and The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Citybuzz gift bags filled with NYC collectibles, gift certificates for museums, and restaurants as well as $50 at Bloomingdale’s
- All entries will be judged and winner selected by NYC’s the New Museum
NYC Matters Photo Contest Sponsored by Citybuzz and Vidicom
Click here to enter, and click here to view current “What Matters” entries.
Submissions accepted through December 15, 2012.