n this edition of Problems of Privilege, my phone fell into the toilet. A mobile phone dropping into a toilet is a patently entitled situation, but the conditions of today’s phone swim (There has been one before.) are even more unavoidably first world:
- My phone was sitting on top of our Jabra speaker.
- My Spotify was playing “Wild for the Night” by A$AP Rocky and Skrillex.
- I was standing in the tub toweling my hair after a shower.
- The sound cut out, I heard a plunk, I looked up, and I said, “Oh, no!”
- The phone was in the toilet bowl.
The Jabra is fine. The bass was just too wild. And that’s why you shouldn’t listen to this:
Because you’re gonna end up crossing your fingers for this:
This is where you clap your hands, say yeah, and wish me luck!